Health Workforce National Advisory Committees
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Health Workforce National Advisory Committees
- Advisory Committee on Interdisciplinary, Community-Based Linkages (ACICBL) provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary regarding policy and program development and other matters for activities under Part D, Title VII of the PHS Act, as amended by the Affordable Care Act. The Committee focuses on the targeted program areas and/or disciplines of area health education centers, geriatrics, allied health, chiropractic, podiatric medicine, social work, graduate psychology, and rural health.
- The National Advisory Council on Nurse Education and Practice (NACNEP) provides advice and recommendations to the Secretary and Congress in preparation of general regulations on policy issues related to Title VIII programs, including nurse workforce supply, education, and practice improvement.
- National Advisory Council (NAC) on the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) serves as a forum to identify priorities for the National Health Service Corps and future program issues and concerns; functions as a sounding board for proposed policy changes and advises on specific program areas; and, develops white papers and briefs on issues and/or concerns relating to the NHSC with specific recommendations for policy revisions.
- Council on Graduate Medical Education (COGME) provides an ongoing assessment of physician workforce trends, training issues, and financing policies, and recommends appropriate federal and private sector efforts on these issues. COGME advises and makes recommendations to the Secretary and to the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, and the House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce.
- Advisory Committee on Training in Primary Care Medicine and Dentistry (ACTPCMD) advises and makes recommendations to the Secretary regarding policy, program development, and other matters of significance for family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and physician assistant programs.
For more information about eligibility and application requirements: Contact HRSA’s Bureau of Health Workforce at BHWAdvisoryCouncil@hrsa.gov
Please inform NOBC of nominations submitted and appointments accepted.